Over a period of time and with constant use, our Mac can become overloaded with apps. Some of them we no longer make use of; others, we never really needed, were just there from the very start. The most troubling question will be “how to delete an app on Mac?”. Getting rid of these kinds of apps is not difficult, but you need to know the right ways to go about it. Well, if a user has to uninstall applications on Mac, as a rule, it’s important to be very careful while eliminating apps or files. Sometimes, manual cleaning can become a trouble. For example, if you end up deleting an important systems files, that can create a new bunch of problems for you. So, I generally advise Mac users to download the MacFly Pro and launch it onto their devices. This app will run diagnostics and present a detailed list of corrupt apps and files. After that, the user selects the apps that need to be removed and the software will do the rest.
Get rid of apps gotten from the app store
Most apps we have on our device were downloaded from the Apps Store. Whenever it becomes clear a particular app is no longer required, the user has to know they will be dealing with the same situation as when they delete an application on the iPhone.
- On your Dock you will see the icon for the Launchpad, it needs to be opened and you can do this by clicking on the icon, tapping the F4 function key or by utilizing a 4-finger pinch on the trackpad.
- Locate the app to be erased.
- On its icon click and hold till it gets to the jiggle mode.
- An “X” will appear on the top left side, click on it.
- After which a delete prompt will be opened. Click it.
Delete non-App Store apps
There are other kinds of apps that were not downloaded from the Macs App Store rather we got them from the web. Deleting them requires you go through the Finder.
- Locate the Finder icon which is usually in the Dock and click on it.
- Right on the sidebars click on Applications.
- Now, a list of apps will be made available to you, find the app you want to delete. Also, there is a search option provided where you can easily input the name of the app you want to be removed and hit search.
- Right click on the app.
- Now go ahead and click “Move to Trash”.
- Go to your Dock and locate the trash icon.
- Empty the Trash icon by clicking on “Empty”.
Delete apps from Dock
Now, let’s see how a user can remove apps on Mac from their Dock. Usually, it’s very easy as you can simply just drag-and-drop them.
- You can locate the app you want to remove directly from your Dock or open the Application folder and search for it there.
- Click on the app icon and hold.
- Now, drag this app icon to the Trash and release.
- Click the Trash icon.
- Click on “Empty” button to delete everything in the Trash folder.
Sometimes, there are certain apps that seem to not want to go away or are the unresponsive application. Even after deleting them you still see their pop up which keep bothering you. Well, the easiest way to get rid of such stubborn apps is to let MacFly Pro do the job.